Higher National Diploma in English-(HNDE)
Higher National Diploma in English is being conducted as full time and part time with the duration of 2 ½ years and 2 years respectively.
The full time course has 2 year course work and 06 months implant training in specialized fields where as the part time course has 2 years course work only.
Mode of conduct of programs
- Full Time Course: Monday- Friday
- Part Time Course: Saturday and Sunday
No course fees are levied for full time course. Course fees for the part time students will be Six thousand Rupees ( Rs 6000 /-) per semester.
Short listed applicants will have to sit for a written test and face an interview for the selection. The selections of the students will be based on the merit performance in both written examination and interview.
The number of students to be recruited will be decided by the relevant institutes according to the availability of resources.
The decision of the Director General SLIATE will be the final decision on the admission of the students.
Date, Time and Venue of the interview and written examination and the necessary documents to be submitted in the interview will be notified in writing after receiving all the application.
The applicants should have one of the following
- Successful completion of G.C.E ( A/ L) Examination (Old syllabus ) in four subjects with “ C “ pass in English Language at G.C.E (O / L) Examination.
- Successful completion of G.C.E ( A/ L) Examination (New syllabus ) in three subjects with “ C “ pass in English Language at G.C.E (O / L) Examination.
- English specialist Teacher Training certificate; or the Diploma offered by the College of Education.
- Successful completion of G.C.E ( A/ L) Examination (New syllabus ) in three subjects and a pass at the National Certificate in English for Commerce, industry and further Education conducted by the Department of Technical Education & Training or equivalent qualifications
NOTE: The applicants for the Part Time course should have a permanent employment with one of the above mentioned qualifications.
How to Apply
All duly filled applications should be directed to the relevant Advanced Technological Institute under a registered cover with a receipt obtained by crediting Rs 500 / – to the SLIATE account No 025- 100133397613 at peoples Bank, Park Street Branch ( Colombo) or any other branch of Peoples Bank in Sri Lanka.
The course applied should be clearly stated on the top left hand corner of the envelope.